I Love My Clients
I work with some of the most amazing CEOs in the country. I’m still convinced I receive much more from them compared to what I provide.
But I also love hanging out with the team members of these great CEOs. I was recently reminded of that after having lunch with some of the management team members of PFSbrands based in Holts Summit, Missouri–a fast-growing company named to the Inc. 5000 for numerous consecutive years. Smart, engaging, committed, driven, and enjoyable to be around.
And if I didn’t love my clients? Time for new work.
How about you? Do you love your client or your customers?
As you think about your client and customer relationships, even the financially intelligent CEO needs to think about the following questions from time to time.
- When was the last time you picked up the phone to say you appreciated a customer? Better yet, when was the last time you scribbled a hand-written note with words of encouragement and mailed it to a customer?
- When was the last time you wowed a customer expecting nothing in return?
- When was the last time you read a great book and thought enough to buy a copy and send it to a customer you thought would benefit from reading it? Did you write a note inside?
- When was the last time you admitted you made a mistake with a customer and called them to let them know and then make it up to them in a special way?
- When was the last time you blogged about a customer or bragged about them in social media?
Just so you know, these are my questions. But feel free to borrow them at any time.
On a personal note, you rock, Shawn. Thank you for making me a better CFO. It’s people like you and your team that make loving my clients easy to do. Keep going yard in everything you and your team does. The finish line is always in clear site for your remarkable organization.